Turkeys

Sourced from Lake City, MN - fewer than 15 miles from the farm - our Red Bourbon Heritage breed turkeys are some of our favorite animals.  They have tons of personality and dance the wild/domesticated line.  These beautiful birds have free range of the entire property and take advantage of that privilege.  Most nights they roost within 20 feet of our bedroom window... some nights on our porch.  The turkeys get roughly 60% of their food from our flock ration.  The ration is a mix of local organic grains and legumes sourced from Whole Grain Milling in Welcome, MN.  The other 40% is bugs, grass, dandelions, clover and other pasture greens.  A fall favorite is chomping on the dozen varieties of crab apple that fall to the ground.  Apple finished turkey is a fantastic Thanksgiving treat.